Watched The Dark Knight Rises tonight, and I just got home from the cinema. Funny, it was supposed to be an action flick, but watching it with my good friend made it sort of comical. (My boyfriend was with us but he slept almost throughout the whole movie, and here I thought men love action.)
Honestly speaking, as much as I loved seeing bad-ass Batman again, I liked the previous movie better (The Dark Knight). Heath Ledger’s performance there was just amazing, and I liked the whole concept about morality and good vs evil. (Actually, I think that the reason why I liked it is because it reminded me of The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho.)
Not that I didn’t like The Dark Knight Rises. I liked it too, but there are also parts that I didn’t quite like.
Anyway, here are a few thoughts:
- Watching The Dark Knight Rises felt like watching Inception Part II minus Ellen Page and Leo di Caprio. Seriously. Marion Cotillard, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Cillian Murphy were all there. Not that I’m not fond of them. It’s just a bit weird, because I kept on associating them with Inception.
- I didn’t understand most of Bane’s lines. And Batman’s as well. Garbled speech + my poor hearing = not a good combination.
- I liked Anne Hathaway’s portrayal of Cat Woman. She acted very…feline. And she looked really good in that cat suit.
- I just love Alfred.
- I still can’t believe that Commissioner Gordon is also Sirius Black.
- I kept wondering what Bane’s motives were, and I only understood it when Talia told Batman her story. (Though I had a hunch that she was really the mastermind.)
- I can’t wait to watch JGL as Robin! And in tights! Ha ha ha.
- Cool motorbike.
- Whatever happened to Bane after?
I just realized that my boyfriend is right, I have this (annoying) habit where I associate an actor/actress to a certain role. For example, if I saw a movie trailer and I recognized the actor, I would say, “Ooooh it’s <insert character name>!” Like, “Ooooh that’s the boy from Little Manhattan!” OR “Ooooh that’s Helen of Troy!” Having good memory is like a double-edged sword. It’s nice to have one but sometimes it also ruins the fun.
Like right now, all I can think of is…Inception. Maybe the movie I watched was Inception, or maybe, I am in the middle of inception and my mind is being planted with an idea that I watched The Dark Knight Rises, when in fact, it was just Inception. (Now I’m confused. Ha ha ha.)